Getting started

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:06 AM

I am new to umbraco.

I have set up some products and categories in commerce and I have completed the Featured Products tutorial.  When I run the featured Products in the browser it displayed by clicking the add to cart button seems to do nothing.   That is I do not see the results in the Cart page.

What I want to do is create two paths from the Home page to display goods.  One path will enable a list of categories to be displayed and selecting a category will display a list of goods selecting an item from the list will then display that product details and allow it to be displayed.  The second path displays a list of all products and selecting an item from the list will then display that product details and allow it to be displayed.

I have not been able to do either. 

What I need is some guidance in getting started on this and do I need to develop ascx code to do this?

Thanks for any assistance

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Hope these help you get going:

1 - you need to make sure you have the correct entries in /config/commerce/localhost.config for your local environment's Cart page (or your domain if not localhost)

2 - Reference the Category List

3 - To list all products you'll need to create a new control, but the data is available via the ProductController in dahCommerce.Net.

-Paul