Product and Manufacturer deletion

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Hi all!

After I install c4u packet and configure all serttings, I find that I cant delete objects from Products, Category and Manufacturers lists.

When I try to delete Product, is hides from list, but after I reload page, is visible again, the same with Category and Manufacturers.

When I open source, I find that in product Delete method there is no code to Delete object (I find only predelete and afterdelere methods).

After I add method Product.Delete() in Product  delete function, Product deletion become work.

But when I add the same methods in Delete function for Category and Manufacturer, I obtain ForeingKey error. I think, is because there is foreing key in Product table for Category and Manufacturer.

So, if some product depended to category, I cant delete it. How can I fix?

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Delete is not yet implemented.  Please see the work item http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=4097

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I already find that deletion is not implemented now, but for product I create deletion, and is work (as soon as u implement deletion, I just update pack). Also it work for category and for Manufacturer, but only if products have no association to this category or product. Now I need suggestion how to implement temporary deletion for category and manufacturer (even if product have associations to it).

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Feel free to submit a patch for this and we will happily review. 

Deleting a product or category that has relationships would require you to remove those relationships first - for referential integrity.  A forced delete is not recommended and will likely have unintended results.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:41 PM

OK! Can u tell me, when u post patch, that fix this problem?