DC4Umbraco and Umbraco 4.0.0

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM
Hiya,
We have been trying for days to get a copy of this working. Has anyone actually got it working for Umbraco 4.0.0?

The beta 1.1 download for umbraco 4.0.0 seems to be corrupt. At best it looks like it is just a zip of the installed package from the [umbraco home dir]\data directory. Which i am assuming we can't just drop into the same folder and expect to work.

The install instructions for the 3.03 and 3.0.5 versions just doesn't work. The video is out of date.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM
No, I've tried also (see here). They talk about a manual install in the thread, but I don't have any idea of how to do it.

bill
Feb 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM
I have had similar issues thus far.  I installed all of the sql manually, but it still fails.  Worse yet, in my Umbraco sandbox, all of my sub navigation is gone in the administrative section.  It fails after I install the commerceforUmbraco_Beta1.umb package.  I edited the config file as is suggested in the 'manual'.  I added the entries to the UrlRewrite.config file.  I am at a loss now as how to integrate the commerce package with Umbraco 4.0.  I am going to reinstall umbraco and runway again to get it to work.  I did everything that I could think of, and everythign that the documentation suggested.  One word...  FAIL.  :(
Feb 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Yeah, I just went through their read me as well and no changes to the result either.
Feb 16, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Hiya,
well it is nice to see some people keeping the thread alive, even if it isn't the developers.

We have it working, no thanks to the instructions - about a weeks stuffing around with 2 people trying different things.. and getting completely messed up with all the different versions and projects (commerce 4 umbraco and umbraco commerce :: who's kidding who?)

Anyway we got it working by starting with DashCommerce 2.2 NOT 3.xx,

you can find it by googling dashcommerce 2.2 it should be the second link ( indented ) on codeplex.

You will also need to specifiy which versions of ajax to use, we are using both. Umbraco uses one version and installing the preview package installs another.  They will both run happily side by side.

We recommend downloading the source of DC4Umbraco and compiling that and copying those DLL's over the version of the DLLs installed by the preview package (which we also recommend installing to get the doc types etc...)

Then to debug the whole lot open the DC4Umbraco solution and add a new web project - your umbraco install. This will let you attach to IIS and debug the whole lot.

If you are getting an annoying message about umbraco not being able to create/find an ascx. The easy way to get proper errors was to create an admin folder in umbraco and add an aspx page to load the control (catalog.ascx or something..) then work with the errors until you get the null node (you can either comment out that and set the manufacturers id there or try reverting to umbraco for the rest of it)

Also DON'T forget to put the subsonic connection stuff into your umbraco web.config. you can get this from the dashCommerce (i think) project in the DC4umbraco solution.

Another note. You will not be able to re-gen the dashCommerce stuff against a database. The code has been *disorganised* from the original subsonic setup or he was using templates not provided. Anyway it becomes a pain.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask them or if you would snippits of our code/setup just ask.

cheers
Q
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Q -

Any chance you'd be willing to contribute your code to the project?  I noticed you had a little trouble getting this set up and other project users may be able to bebefit from the work you've done - would be in the spirit of OSS to submit a patch.

Thanks in advance,
-Paul
Apr 20, 2009 at 8:04 AM
I just 'discovered' Umbraco and am really keen to get the commerce module working.  I too tried installing the C4U zip using the Umbraco admin package installer, but found that it broke the Umbraco admin.

If any of the devs want more feedback, just contact me and I'll do another install with more detail.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM
The current version of Commerce for Umbraco available in the release section is targeted ONLY at v3 and v4 Beta - any Umbraco version later than those (e.g.. 4.*) is not compatible.  You can, of course, install the bits into a v4 installation (indeed, many folks have this) but it requires some knowledge of Umbraco in terms of where the various components live.

Also, the versions in the release section do not include the integrated admin components - just a separate ASP.NET web app installed under .../umbraco/commece/admin/.... 

We'd love your feed back once we get v1 to an alpha or beta state, but the project has deviated largely from the prior versions targeted at Umbraco v3.  If you a developer type you can always grab the latest code from:

http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

else, watch the releases section for an alpha/beta release.

Best,
-Paul
Apr 20, 2009 at 5:47 PM
I tried to install it on Umbraco 4.0.1.