Full Trust? Shared Hosting Environment

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi,

I am a small developer who would like to offer an eCommerce extension to my CMS customers. uCommerce is a non-starter for me, because it requires a Full Trust environment. I have been hosting on GoDaddy.com in a medium trust environment. The jump in cost and management responsibility required for a dedicated server and Full Trust is unacceptable for my situation.

Do this solution require Full Trust? Or, can it run in a medium trust, shared hosting configuration?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
You should expect to require full trust...but its not hard to find shared hosts that offer full trust support for near the same cost as a GoDaddy plan.
Nov 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

So does Commerce for Umbraco requires full trust or not? Why should I "expect to require full trust"? I have sites that do specialized transactions involving credit cards and they do not require full trust. What do these package do that requires full trust?

GoDaddy provides more than good price: they also provide excellent service (in my experience). I have hosted sites there for 5 years and appreciate being able to speak with someone on the phone to resolve problems. I think this far superior to exchanging emails.

Can you recommend a hosting company?

Thanks.