Email notifications

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Hi all,
           i am using C4U and i want to know how we can set Email notifications

and i am all ready configure web.config file mail server configured in the System.Net section .

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 8:27 PM

There are a set of email templates in the Commerce section of the Umbraco Admin.  It will use whatever STMP settings you have configured in your web.config.  Version 2.0 has a simple test tab on each each that you can use to test your email settings for your site.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Hi all,

when i am calling these function

"---------

MessagingController.SendOrderReceivedEmail(order);

</font>

MessagingController.SendMerchantOrderNotice(order);

---------"

then i get this error

"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\.......\MailerTemplates\OrderConfirm.txt'.; Source: mscorlib; StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)"

please tell me.

Developer
Feb 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I have been sending emails with version 2.0 today and it works well from both the admin section (great job with the test lab Jason!) and from the front web site functions.

The templates in the db for merchant and customer is how ever not complete. Perhaps it's because I got a slightly older database than the latest scripts. I am missing #stubs for OrdetItems and other stuff.

I could not find the MailerTemplates in txt anywhere but I have not looked so properly. If there is any change of committing either db och textformats of examples it would be lovely. Or else it does not seem so hard composing them myself. The html around the content is there in my db so I get the welcome phrase and stuff.

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Thanks  for your help