Anybody used authorize.net with C4U

Developer
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I think I saw a provider for authorize.net in the code anybody been using that? I will try to get it running in the coming month if everything goes well and we don't change plans.

Will also implement functionality for recurring payments. In the DB schema I can see that one order can have many transactions so it should work I'll hope. Anybody have knowledge in this matter?

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Jesper -

Have a look in \dashCommerce.Net\Services\PaymentProvider\AuthorizeNetPaymentProvider.cs and also at the CyberSource provider in the original project.

-Paul

Developer
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Paul,

Thank you, will do.

I checked it briefly some days ago and the functions seems to work so that the customers enters credit card info on the domain of the web site and is stored in the Umbraco database. 

I think from a security view its better to let customer enter info on authorize.net page and just reccord the response in Umbraco db. I am sure it can be customized. Just some thoughts from my side.

/Jesper

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Jesper -

I hope that's not the case!  The providers should have no way to "save" a credit card number, only pass it to the processor (Authorize.net, Cybersource, PayPal) via the SOAP web service call per the processor's API spec.  If its otherwise I'd be surprised as the DB schema has no place for such data anyhow.

-Paul

Developer
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM

You are right there is no database field for storing card number which is good.

Think I was looking at the \dashcommerce.net\Store\Order.cs  and was confused when I saw properties for, CreditCardNumber, CreditCardExpireYear, CreditCardExpireMonth, CreditCardSecurityNumber and CreditCardType.

But I now understand that these are not persistant to the db and only used if you want to have the customer enter cardnumber on our own checkout.

I can how ever not see any metod for just forwarding to authorize.net and let them enter card info on their domain. But that must be rather easy to fix in thee provider: http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55361#1112729

Also need to implement method for getting the respons after customers have entered card info on the hosted autorize.net page. And another one for reccurring payments.

Will have a look into this. Don't want customers to enter any card info on our checkout domain,

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM

FYI, we have been using the Authorize.net provider for our C4U sites and it works fine.