Unable to get going with this...

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hello guys,

I ams truggling to get to grips with this. (and i really want to!)

I have successfully installed and i have even set-up the featured product. However, the add to cart doesnt do anything... and none of the XSLT files are parsing properly.

What what i could do with is a step bu step guild to set this up with a basic store. Does one exist?

Thanks!

/Alex

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Alex -

Have you already had a look at the http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/27757#DownloadId=69232 Quick Start?

If you can post some additional details about the issues you're having we may be able to point you in the right direction.

-Paul

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Hi Paul, thanks for your support.

Firstly, i am testing on a Localhost. Is these anything i need to do to set it up for this?

I have followed the quick-start guides, yes. However i am finding that when i click 'add to cart' for the sample product on both the featured product section, or its own page, it does nothing, simply refreshes the page!

How do i add in new products to be listed on a page?I am having trouble with the XSLT files as it says there is an error parsing.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM
Edited Apr 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM
AlexBorton wrote:

Hi Paul, thanks for your support.

Firstly, i am testing on a Localhost. Is these anything i need to do to set it up for this?

I have followed the quick-start guides, yes. However i am finding that when i click 'add to cart' for the sample product on both the featured product section, or its own page, it does nothing, simply refreshes the page!

How do i add in new products to be listed on a page?I am having trouble with the XSLT files as it says there is an error parsing.

Thanks

I am having the same problems as Alex. If anyone has a solution for it, I'd be really grateful as I sort of need this for my graduation internship project. Thanks! :)

-Ferdy

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Alex, Ferdy -

My guess is that you have not set up the required entries in your config yet - have a look at my reply here:  http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=66834

Also, make sure that the umbraco macro does not have caching turned-on - as you'll get some odd behavior if that is the case.

-Paul

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Edited Apr 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply. I have set up the entries in the config file and turned off the caching and it's semi working now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just fails and sometimes I get the "Object moved to here" error. I have seen a previous post on it, but no solution. Also do I have to turn the caching off for ALL of the commerce for umbraco macro's? I did that, but maybe some do not need it turned off. Or require it to be on.
May 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Edited May 20, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Hi Paul I am using the Umbraco CMS. In this i need to add service tax on the item purchased by the user.But the problem is that where i have to set the service tax in the Admin section of Umbraco CMS. I have googled for this and got this link http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/ In this link under Admin Section 'Configuration File Editor' is specified which contains the Tax Provider Settings but i am unable to add 'Configuration File Editor' node in Umbraco. So please tell me how to do all this in Umbraco for tax calculation and how to configure the config file in this. Thanks Suhkdev